Sunday 18 August 2013

Hoping against hope - 108 days post-op

Incredibly my sister has had the same hip issues and subsequent surgery as I have. We didn't know we both had stuffed hips but she had surgery a couple of months before me.

Tamara had seemed to be taking it alot easier than me. She had been seeing a Physio and they'd thought she had an 'adhesion' they would require another arthroscope.

She went to Exercise Physiologist Grant McKechnie in Ballarat who she sees for her back, etc. Grant slowed her up and got stuck into her hips/pelvis to get rid of the nerve pain in her arse/hips/legs. She has been quite pleased with how she has been progressing after much frustration.

Being as frustrated as she was, I thought I'd go along too. Grant is hard to get in to see but Sis sorted that out for me.

I saw Grant last Friday. He was not impressed that is been told to ride the exercise bike with my hands on the handlebars. Nor was he keen on me swimming with the foam thing between my thighs unless my legs were tied together. Avoiding loading my hips is the go.

He agreed I've stagnated in my progress, or gone backwards. I explained that I was really annoyed at the lack of 'after sales service' after the surgery and by the limited knowledge around Ballarat on this type of surgery rehab.

Grant is certain he can sort me out and plans to start by alleviating the nerves and spasms in my lower back/arse/legs through hands on work. I'll hold him to that.

He got straight to it using hands and elbows to get stuck into my hips, groins and inner thighs.

I've been bloody sore this weekend despite taking a few Fenac 50mg anti inflamms. I don't know if it's because of Grant's work or of I'm just sore but it feels awfully similar to how I felt at my worst pre-op.

I'll keep hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment