Monday 17 June 2013

Where I am is where I was - 49 days post-op

It's been 7 weeks since my second surgery and I can honestly say I am running out of patience. I have all of the symptoms I had prior to the ops along with a few new ones.

The nerve pain down the left leg persists, the groins are as temperamental as before, sitting gives me pain at the top of the outer hip/pelvis and I have welcomed back the pain in the upper hip/pelvis on both sides that wakes me at around 4am every night and keeps me awake tossing and turning from side to side. This is identical to how I felt prior to surgery however at that stage I was putting up with the pain and enjoying an active lifestyle.

Now, any cycling on the stationary bike gives me tightness and pain in the right groin, walking across a muddy footy field at AusKick makes the groins ache, being on my feet all day at work leaves me very sore and sitting for any length of time causes a deep ache in the right arse cheek. Even night time "activities" cause pain in the hips. As I sit here now on the couch I feel a dull burning ache in the outer left buttock and upper right hip/pelvis.

Next week I see the Melbourne physio at 8 weeks post-op. I really hope this is par for the course but I am certain it won't be. I am almost convinced that FAI surgery has been a waste of time and money.

While it has been a cathartic experience to write down how I am travelling in this blog, as I look at my comments now there is nothing positive coming and that's depressing.

All I want to do is kick the footy and jump on the trampoline with my kids.


If you are reading this blog and have any thoughts or comments, good or bad, I would really appreciate it if you could add your comments after any of my posts. I feel like I am on my own with this and would love to hear from people in the same boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment